The Clean Water Act defines the City of Frankfort as a Phase II community. Therefore, the City is required to implement programs and practices to control polluted storm water runoff from entering the City's waterways.
The City of Frankfort has a permit from the Kentucky Division of Water which requires six minimum controls for stormwater:
1. Public Education and Outreach.
2. Public Involvement and Participation
3. Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination
4. Construction Site Stormwater Runoff Control
5. Post-Construction Stormwater Management, and Pollution Prevention
6. Good Housekeeping for Municipal Operations
We want to protect the surrounding waterways we use for drinking and recreation. These six measures help keep pollutants such as pesticides, fertilizers, oils, sewage, salts, and other contaminants out of our water.
If you have any problems or questions, please call 502-875-8500
If you are reporting a Illicit Discharge into our stormwater system or waterways please call 502-875-8500.
City of Frankfort
315 West Second Street
P. O. Box 697
Frankfort KY 40601